tablespoon dried lavender
cup basil: roughly chopped and more for garnishing
1/3 - 1/2
cup honey or coconut or granulated sugar
cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
ice for serving
- Bring the lavender and two cups water to a boil in a small sauce pan.
- If you are using coconut or granulated sugar, add the sugar to the water as well.
- Once the water is boiling remove from the heat and add the basil, cover and steep for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile squeeze the lemon juice into a tall glass pitcher.
- Stir in the honey (unless you already added sugar earlier).
- Stir in three cups water.
- Once the basil has steeped, strain the mixture into the pitcher with the lemon juice.
- Stir well and then taste.
- If the lemonade tastes sweet, add water, if it tastes too tart, add honey, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the lemonade is just right.
- 1/3 cup honey works great.
- Place in the fridge until well chilled.
- To serve, pour the lemonade over a glass of crushed ice.
- Garnish with lavender and basil.
- Serve and enjoy!