grams White Sugar
Teaspoons Ground Ginger
grams Grated Ginger
Teaspoons Tartaric acid
- Heat the sugar and 1⁄2 cup water in a saucepan, stirring continually until the sugar has dissolved without coming to a boil.
- Add ginger, tartaric acid and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 7 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened.
- Mix the syrup with the remaining water and transfer to a 2 litre container or bottle
- Place in a warm place for two days, and open the bottle every 12 hours to allow some gas to escape.
- Once fermented, strain and chill drink. Serve with ice.