- 1 head leaf or red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces, or 4 cups mesclun mix
- 1 small head radicchio, torn into bite-sized pieces (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup jicama cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh peas or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
To make salad: toss together all ingredients in large bowl.
To make Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette: Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, and garlic in small bowl. Whisk in oil and basil.
To serve: top 2 1/2 cups salad with 1 Tbs. Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette.