- 4 servings
- under 30 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper flakes 0.5 mL
- 1½ cups coconut water 375 mL
- 1½ lbs baby bok choy, trimmed 750 g
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil 15 mL
In a large skillet, combine garlic, hot pepper flakes and coconut water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Arrange bok choy evenly in skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until tender. Using tongs, transfer bok choy to a serving dish, cover and keep warm.
Increase heat to medium-high and boil broth mixture until reduced to about ¼ cup (60 mL). Stir in black pepper and coconut oil. Pour over bok choy.