- ½ cup pearl barley
- 2 litres water
- 6 stalks of pandan leaves - tied into a knot
- ½ cup candied wintermelon
- Rock sugar to taste
- Wash and drain the pearl barley until the water is much clearer.
- Place water, barley, candied wintermelon and pandan leaves into a soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Once the mix is boiling, lower the heat and let it simmer for about 30 minutes until the barley expands and softens. Top up with more water if necessary.
- Add in rock sugar 5-10 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Stir until the rock sugar is fully dissolved. Discard the pandan leaves.
- Serve hot. Or leave it to cool and chuck it into the fridge and enjoy it chilled.
More delicious cocktails