- 2 cups bourbon
- 1 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 split vanilla bean
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 dashes Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- 2 ounces infused bourbon
- Place bourbon and spices in a glass jar with a lid.
- Allow to infuse for 24 hours, shaking occasionally.
- Strain the bourbon into a clean jar. This makes enough for 8 cocktails.
- Make the cocktail: Add the maple syrup, water, and bitters to the bottom of an old-fashioned glass.
- Add the ice and the bourbon, and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Garnish with orange peel: Rub a piece of orange peel around the rim of the glass and drop it in.
More delicious cocktails