- 2 cups Water
- 4 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Darjeeling Tea Leaves
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 inch cinnamon
- 2 to 3 pieces Green Cardamoms
- 2 pieces Cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- Take 1/2 inch cinnamon, 2 to 3 green cardamoms, 2 cloves and 1 inch ginger in a mortar pestle, crush coarsely and keep aside.
- Heat 2 cups of water (250 ml) in a saucepan.
- Let the water come to a boil and then add the crushed spices.
- Boil the spices along with the water for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar as per taste.
- Add 2 teaspoons of Darjeeling tea and boil for a minute.
- Add milk and boil for 2-3 more minutes.
- Pour the tea through a strainer into the cups.
- Serve masala chai hot with some Indian snacks or cookies.
More delicious cocktails