- 3 servings
- 20 minutes
- 45 minutes
- Rating: ★★★★★
- 3 pounds party style chicken wings or whole chicken wings that have been halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon baking powder do NOT use baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup hot sauce such as Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- celery sticks and ranch dressing for serving.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and place a non stick oven safe rack on top of the pan.
Place the chicken wings in a bowl. Add the baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
Toss to coat the chicken evenly with the baking powder and spices.
Place the wings on the rack in a single layer.
Bake for 45 minutes or until wings are light golden brown and crispy.
In a small bowl, whisk together the hot sauce, butter and honey.
Pour the sauce over the wings and toss to coat evenly.
Serve with celery sticks and ranch dressing.