- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut or almond extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat 18 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Beat first 4 ingredients until well blended. In another bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda; gradually beat into egg mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- For filling, beat ricotta cheese, sugar and egg white until blended. Stir in coconut and extract.
- Fill prepared cups with half of the batter. Drop filling by tablespoonfuls into center of each cupcake; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in cupcake portion comes out clean, 28-33 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks; cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
More delicious recipes