- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled oats
- 1½ cup almond milk, or milk of choice
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- TO MAKE PUMPKIN OATMEAL ON STOVETOP:
- Add the oats to a small pot and add the milk. Cook over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes. Just until the oats are softened and cooked.
- Top with additional maple syrup, nutmeg and a small amount of heavy cream for an ultimate breakfast treat.
- TO MAKE PUMPKIN OATMEAL IN MICROWAVE:
- Add the oats, and milk to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 2 minutes or until oats are cooked through.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, your choice of honey/maple syrup, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- TO MAKE OVERNIGHT PUMPKIN OATS:
- Pour oats into a jar or plastic container that comes with a lid.
- Pour in almond milk, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and your choice of honey/maple syrup.
- Put the lid on tightly and shake to combine, or stir together.
- Place the container of oats into the refrigerator and allow to chill overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Once chilled, the oats will be softened and have absorbed most of the liquid, add any additional liquid as needed (extra almond milk).
More delicious recipes