- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup pureed cooked sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- In large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and spices.
- In seperate bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk, sweet potato, oil and orange rind.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients, stir together until just moistened.
- In a bowl with electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; add sugar, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into batter; pour batter onto a heated nonstick lightly greased waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown until waffle iron stops steaming, about 5 minutes.
More delicious recipes