- 1 pound (3) russet potatoes
- 1 (1 cup) onion
- 1 (1 cup) zucchini
- 1 (½ cup) carrot
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- lemon juice
- Peel and grate potatoes and onions (I like to use 2/3 with large grain grater and 1/3 with fine grain grater) into a strainer, and add the juice of one lemon
- Let potatoes and onions drain in a large strainer while grating carrot and zucchini
- Combine grated carrots, zucchini and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Add in flour and spices to the grated vegetables and mix well.
- Chill mixture covered in fridge for 15 to 20 minutes to bind ingredients.
- Heat at least 1/4 inch of frying oil in pan under medium high heat
- When oil is hot (shimmery, or bubbles after a piece of potato is dropped in) start scooping out latkes with 1/3 cup or 1/4 cup scoop.
- Flip after 3 to 5 minutes or when outer edges begin to become golden.
- Transfer to a few layers of paper towels, brown paper bags, or parchment paper.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in 250 F degree oven until ready to serve.
- Store for 3 to 5 days in a ziplock bag or sealed container over parchment paper.
- To reheat, place a single layer in oven, or toaster oven, at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes
More delicious recipes